Extensively based on their work as members of The Drake Group, Gerald Gurney, Donna Lopiano and Andy Zimbalist present a cogent summary of the history, issues, and Drake recommended solutions to unwind the corrupting influences of highly commercialized college sports. From academic fraud, lavish expenditures inappropriate for non-profit institutions of higher education, the exploitation of predominantly minority athletes in football and basketball, to the taxing of all students to subsidize athletic programs, the authors call for Congress, college presidents and provosts to act on a reform agenda. After watching, find out what you can do to ask Congress to act.
University Presidents Tackle the Future of College Football
Drake Group Honors Johnasia Cash, Courageous Penn State Basketball Player, as Recipient of 2020 Drake Presidential Award
Failing to Confront the “Elephants in the Room” – The Drake Group Comments on the Knight Commission Proposal to Transform the NCAA D-I Model
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.