Dr. John R. Gerdy serves as founder and president of Music For Everyone MusicForEveryone.net, a non-profit dedicated to cultivating the power of music as an educational and community building tool in Lancaster County.
He is also author of:
Gerdy served as Associate Commissioner of the Southeastern Conference from 1989-1995 and as a Legislative Assistant at the NCAA from 1986-1989.
He earned a Masters in Sports Administration and a Ph.D. in Higher Education from Ohio University. A 1979 graduate of Davidson College, he received All-American honors in basketball. Davidson retired his jersey in 1979 and inducted him into its Hall of Fame in 1994. He also played professionally in the Continental Basketball Association. In 2007, Gerdy was chosen as one of America’s 100 Most Influential Sports Educators by the Institute of International Sport. He resides on a farm in Conestoga, PA with his wife and two children.
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List