Instructions for submitting your own story
The Drake Group is interested in hearing directly from college athletes who have experienced unfairness as a result of NCAA or other national governance association, conference or institutional rules or lack of enforcement of rules. Your submission should include your name and contact information so that we can communicate with you to ensure that you story is accurately portrayed – neither your name or the institution you attended will be revealed on the web site. If your story is selected for the website, the attribution will include only the sport and state in which the athlete attended a college or university.
The subject of your concern should be related to any violation of what The Drake Group considers to be basic athletes’ rights:
- restrict college athletes’ access to full academic and educational choices;
- allow excessive athletics-related time demands to limit the ability of athletes to meet academic demands;
- create inadvertent dangers to the health and well-being of college athletes; or
- limit a college athlete’s access to earn money from employment outside the institution in the same manner as other students or to obtain career advice.
Failure to protect college athletes from:
- discrimination based on disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, creed or sexual orientation;
- disrespectful pedagogical practices or other potentially injurious treatment;
injury or other harm due to unsafe conditions, training or competition practices, inadequate medical supervision or unethical professional conduct;
- financial loss due to inadequate insurance benefits;
- exploitive or unfair decision-making that results in the removal of participation privileges or scholarship benefits;
- admissions, academic advising or tutoring practices that place athletic eligibility above academic integrity; and
- athletic department practices that isolate athletes from the normal experience of other undergraduate students, including the restrictive transfer policy.
Your story can be submitted by email, as an audio file or as a video file.
Join Our E-Mail List