As reported, an Auburn University panel has found that independent study courses that gave many athletes major boosts in their averages were apparently quite easy for non-athletes as well. While the report found key flaws in the way the courses were run, it didn’t find special treatment for athletes. Athletic Support (Eligibility) Center staff need only work with compliant school administrators and faculty to assure that these courses are open to all students and that there is no evidence that athletes are given special treatment. So, everybody gets an A and it’s all ‘legal.’
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.