Stripping the NCAA cartel (the NCAA and its member colleges and universities) of its tax-exempt status by the Congress would certainly help limit the seemingly uncontrolled growth of professionalized big-time college sports entertainment by putting a break on what appears to be a runaway financial train. However, this stripping would require a great deal of congressional courage because it would mean exposing an inconvenient truth— the false claim, i.e., the lie that forms the basis for the cartel’s tax-exempt status.
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.