Julie R. Sommer is a Seattle attorney, a former collegiate swimmer at the University of Texas and U.S. National Team member and serves on the Board of Directors of The Drake Group, a national think tank dedicated to academic integrity and advocacy on behalf of college athletes. She pens an insightful op-ed on the role of Senator Maria Cantwell, Chair of the Senate Commerce Committee in recent hearings on federal legislation that would guarantee the rights of college athletes to monetize their own names, images, and likenesses unrelated to participation in college sports programs.
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.