The mission of the Drake Group is to defend academic integrity in higher education from the corrosive aspects of commercialized college sports.
The Drake Group vision is to create an atmosphere on college campuses that encourages personal and intellectual growth for all students, and demands excellence and professional integrity from faculty charged with teaching.
- Ensure that universities provide accountability of trustees, administrators, and faculty by publicly disclosing information about the quality of educations college athletes receive.
- Be a major lobby for proposals that ensure quality education for students who participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- Support faculty and staff whose job security and professional standing are threatened when they defend academic standards in intercollegiate sports
- Influence public discourse on current issues and controversies in sports and higher education
- Coordinate local and national reform efforts with other groups that share our mission, goals, and/or proposals.
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List