The context within which college athletics functions is compromised academic integrity that enables out-of-control commercialization with its distracting influence on school officials, on America’s youth, and on the nation’s diminishing prospects as a leader in the 21st century’s global economy. All too often, secrecy, deceit, and deception, are hallmarks of the business of college-sports entertainment where hypocrisy, intimidation, and retaliation are the tools of the trade. It is a business where ethics, civility, shame, and truth telling are not to be expected, and where telling the truth about the negative impact of college sports on higher education can have dire consequences.
The Drake Group is Encouraged by Federal and State Initiatives regarding College Athlete Name, Image and Likeness Rights
The Drake Group finds that The Independent Commission on College Basketball missed an opportunity to recommend comprehensive reform
Drake Group Hero Award Presented to Investigative Journalist Dan Kane
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.